Sister Jena Anderson

Sister Jena Anderson
Entered the MTC December 28th, 2011 and left for Kobe, Japan March 12th!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Amazing...

Sister Jen has a new niece! Brenna Eve Soulier was born to Rob and Lolly Soulier May 25th. She is 21 inches long and weighed in at exactly eight pounds. She is the fifth child - welcomed by her siblings Ellie, Ryan, Trevor, and Sterling. We are thrilled with our beautiful twenty-sixth grand child. :)







Sister Jena's weekly letter:

Dear Fam, I love you!


So fun to see pictures of baby Brenna. What a cutie! She looks perfect and so new! So precious! Thanks for the pics and the updates you wonderful people. I love you all. I love you so much. Thank you for your sweet support and love. This week truly has been a week of miracles, but probably not all of the ways I thought. It is amazing to me how good the Lord is to us. He truly is fulfilling things in my life He has always promised. I feel keenly blessed and aware of my blessings. I love Him. He is so good to me. Thank you so much for all of your encouragement. I love you!

Sometimes so much happens it is hard to tell you all everything in a letter! We've been meeting with Asuka San a lot... when I was looking at the week I realized that we've met with her every other day this week. Thank you so much for your faith and your prayers. She is amazing. The Lord is helping us so much. I know we have help that we cannot see. She is coming right along. She accepted a baptismal date this week, but her mom is really against it... which is sad. She is under 20, and so she can't get baptized unless she gets her approval. But then I look in the scriptures and I read of mountains moving through faith, I look and see the woman with the issue of blood healed in an instant after years of searching, trying deperately to find a cure, I read of bread that when coming from the Savior fed 5000, and I know that He will provide a way for our sweet investigator. She is so sweet, and so willing to try. I am so impressed by her example. I don't know how to explain in words the miracles that are happening in the field now. I don't know how to describe what is going on with our investigators.  I know that Jesus Christ is personally involved with every one of our investigators. I know that He cares about my heart, about their hearts. I know this is His work. I know that He entered Gethsemane for every one of us, and that the Atonement was an individual event for each of us.  He is the solution to every problem, He has felt our weaknesses and our pains, and as we trust Him we can move mountains in our own lives or in the lives of those we love.

Asuka San asked me what my favorite scripture is this week before Eikaiwa (English conversation school). We looked at 3 Nephi 17:7, and talked about it a little bit. (great!) Towards the end of Eikaiwa, I asked she and her neighbor if there was anything else they wanted to learn about (meaning English). She looked at the Book of Mormon and worked to form her English response, and said: "I want to study about Jesus Christ!" I said, "Me too!!" and we just laughed. She is super spiritually in tune. It's amazing, but I look at her and see a spiritual giant. She is still trying to figure things out and prays earnestly for help and her answer, but I look at her and I just think she is so prepared. She has been praying and committed to read daily this week. She lives far, so she has to travel quite a bit from her university to get out here... and yet she does! We'd talked after Church for around 40 minutes, teaching her a little about what she was asking and what was covered in Church, and decided we'd better not teach her a lesson because it had been so long a day already. I asked her if she had time to meet this week, and she said, "I'm good till 5!" ha ha. It's amazing that the Lord is preparing such amazing people. I love this work. I love testifying of Jesus Christ. She is picking up things so fast, it's amazing how different things are and how she is working to come unto Christ. I feel our lessons being carried in a way that is beyond what is normal. This is probably way too long, but I just know we are not alone.

So!!! Our other investigators aren't progressing quite as speedily or in the exact same way. They are so great. No other dates yet, and transfers are next week! It's crazy how fast the time goes. It's getting HOT in my corner of the world! (but not as hot as it will get if we don't repent! didn't President Hinckley say that? ha ha.)

Bikes in Japan sometimes have funny names written on them. My favorites (or maybe just the most recent two I noticed ha ha) were... "Herb" and "Today" (but no Neil Diamond songs on the mission! I know how much my siblings love "Comin' to America...Today!" because it was the only tape they had to listen to on long trips to California!) Love on the rocks...ain't no big surprise...

The Lord is working more and more miracles in my own life. Even on a mission, getting to be along on other's journeys to Him, I am getting personally tutored. I love Jesus Christ. I love this work. This week the Spirit told me that I would look back on this time forever, and that this time is meant to be FUN!!! It truly is - I am livin' the dream!!!

YEAH JAPAN!!!!!!! Sorry this letter had a lot of personal things. They just kind of flow out! I love you though and know that the Lord will provide for you. He is so in the details of our lives in ways we can't even comprehend. Never forget that He is with us.

I LOVE YOU! And I love Him. The work is true!

You are wonderful!
Sister Anderson


The number of people we are going to baptize in Japan! woooo!


mister donuts! arent they cute...

 I see you!!!

relief society flower arranging activity...ii ne!


 Here is the pic you have been waiting for...raw squid and eel and other interesting items...  Yummy!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment