Sister Jena Anderson

Sister Jena Anderson
Entered the MTC December 28th, 2011 and left for Kobe, Japan March 12th!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Onward, upward, and outward!!!


Learning how to make mochi! 

Dearest go-kazoku,

Wow, am I so humbled whenever I receive your letters. I am reminded that everything in my life is really His, and I am just so blessed to be here on loan, it is so amazing. All of the stories about wise stewards, handlers of talents, and management are our stories. We are given a lifetime filled with experiences of learning to manage, so we can return to the Lord, and He can say, "well done thou good and faithful servant... I will make you rulers of many things." Isn't it incredible? Life is so simple. We had a training plan about eliminating the "noise" for our investigators so that they can remember the truths they learned before. I realize more and more that we create so much of that noise in huge ways in our lives, blindsided by priorities and lists. It is amazing to see that our "numbers" have become people, and it is so humbling. There are things that are scary and there are things so wonderful in the work of the Lord, and really it is about developing that faith through quiet, consistent, continuous devotion that breeds the faith we need to osorenai (not fear). One of those wonderful moments is... tonight Izumikawa San and her two sweet boys (Taketo and Ayuto... Haruto is 5 so he can't be baptized yet!!) have their baptismal interview. We felt really peaceful about pressing forward for the 20th, even though things are crazy and it seems like it might be better another week... but we will see what happens tonight! Oh...I might not have shared that we witnessed another miracle in teaching the Sabbath day (again) to Izumikawa San.  She had expressed some doubts to her member friend about her job when we challenged her to pray to find a way to keep the Sabbath day holy. We started fasting for her about three hours later after dinner that night. When we called her the next day, she said, "I meant to call you yesterday! Last night I got called and offered a new job that doesn't require me to work on Sundays... that's an answer to prayer, isn't it?" WOW! It was probably around the time we started fasting. Fasting and prayer brings MIRACLES, and she has such great faith. Let's pray for her this week! Thank you so much! 333

We had another cool experience with one of the investigators who came back, and he wants to be baptized. We had a lesson where we really had to discern, and we both received the same impressions about this investigator. The Spirit works miracles through us for the lives of our investigators when that is called for. Our God is a God of miracles, and is all-powerful. Isn't it amazing? The Lord is in charge of the work, and I feel so grateful to be his steward here. It is absolutely wondrous!


We had another cool experience yesterday.  At the beginning of the week we had set a goal to find a family this week. It was Sunday and we had an hour left of time outside, and I know I wasn't really thinking about that goal. But we went where we had scheduled, and went in the place where we felt the best about--no flashing lights, trumpets, burning, etc. -  but just that consistent missionarying. We first housed an apartment where no one listened. In the next apartment complex, we had housed some, and then two boys came up the stairs and went in the door. The timing was just right, and their mother, an English teacher, let us in. She began sharing some spiritual experiences she had on a study abroad in high school, and talked freely with us.  When we asked her, she said she would send her boys to Eikaiwa. Her boyfriend was there and was super nice. They looked really interested-ly through the pamphlet, and when we asked if we could come back, she gave us her number. Isn't that amazing???

I love this work!!! I want to continue my whole life to work consistently, dedicatedly, and never stop. I used to think about going home from my mission and resting, but I don't feel that way anymore. I want to go home and work! :)

I love you! It looks like we'll have some baptisms these next few weeks here in Takamatsu... please keep them in your prayers. It is so incredible to be teaching a family. Last Monday, the boys all ran in from playing outside, opened their Book of Mormons (copies of? ha ha), and studied together. The 5 year old said "Nan peji?," whic means "what page?" So, so so cute. It is like heaven to have them at Church, and to be progressing in such a wonderful way!

Well, this is extremely long... but I love you! The work is true, and it will not end until He comes again. What a privilege, what a joy, what a life. It is true. Onward, upward, and outward!

Love,
Your missionary, Sister Anderson

PS. I don't know if this will make you laugh or scare you, but we met with a cute American girl the other day and I thought, "She is so loud!!" ha ha. Did you ever think you would hear that from me? culture shock... ha ha. love you!


PPS.Its soooo fun being a missionary!  We decided one day to have a picnic in our apartment! We used our aprons for a picnic blanket. 


We made a "Keep the Commandments" board, sort of "Candy Land" style. We have a lot of opportunities to be creative in teaching Japanese kids! 
  "Keep your life in perspective..." our It's a Wonderful Life house complete with the broken rail-cap!

A pic of our toilet to answer my brother Spen's question...I just got done cleaning this little unit today!
  The view from our window...

Eating sushi with the district! 
On the left it is Carter Choro, Pearson Choro, and Chapman Choro. Then on the right it is DaSilvia Choro, Dobson Shimai, and me!

to my brother Nate... I ate unagi at sushi for you! It wasn't that bad... 
 After our sushi we got parfet! Yumm!  





No comments:

Post a Comment