Sister Jena Anderson

Sister Jena Anderson
Entered the MTC December 28th, 2011 and left for Kobe, Japan March 12th!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Niihama here I come!


 
 Thanks for the new scarf, Mom!  This is my "talk in church" outfit!

Oh, my beloved family!

Time is so short and it is flying by here in Japan. This news could be like so many of the other transfer calls Dobson Shimai and I have received together - but alas, it is not! I am heading to Niihama this weekIsn't that crazy? I will really miss Sister D...my twin! But missionary life goes on and we are eternal friends!! I will become companions with a girl I came with (my doki) named Lewis Shimai. It will be so fun, too! 
Cute Rachel came from the island yesterday to attend Church and hear me talk. She was convinced, certain, that I was transferring. That's when I realized it might really happen, and as she walked away, she waited longer than usual, looking at me, and I could almost see it in retrospect then, "That was the last time I saw Rachel." She is so special. We will miss her so, so much. She is studying English in her 70's and is set on coming to America, and then living in England because they drive on the side of the street she is used to. The only thing she doesn't like is the Word of Wisdom (and she doesn't like hot chocolate...). We had so much fun visiting her on her beautiful island. She was so disappointed that it rained that she bought tourist pictures and brought them to us on Sunday! She said her husband bought them. :) She is so prepared for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She was driving around for a while, saying things like, "It's been so long since I drove! I love driving!" ...half-way through her daughter switched her. She is so amazing. I can't wait to get that baptismal picture of her! Keep her in your prayers...

Here I am, sitting in my chair, with tights in which I am sewing up holes - convinced (I really am) that they will last... and it's crazy! Heading to Niihama this week and it seems like a dream, but it is the work of the Lord. There are so many amazing miracles going on in our mission right now. It's incredible. We are having miracles in Japan as a mission. KOBE, JAPAN. Ahh. I love it.
Dear loved ones...we have a treasure. Change can be hard, I empathize with all of you who are changing school, getting married, leaving some things for others, making changes even in your heart. It can be hard, but Heavenly Father knows us and any change that brings us closer to Him is worth making. 
愛する家族、皆さん!人生は贈り物です。(My beloved family, everyone... life is a present!) I hope you all have wonderful days and remember the power of the Atonement. It was pretty amazing, I accompanied Dobson Shimai on the piano (I got a little sick this week)--so I was sick and had a talk and she had no accompanist, so we simplified it--and I prayed mightily. I had so much help. Isn't that amazing? Jesus Christ qualifies us. The power of the Atonement is real in our own lives and in our missionary work. What a blessing.
Goodbye, Takamatsu, hello Niihama! Niihama is a beautiful countryside place, still on Shikoku, a little bit more south. It sounds like it is wonderful. I will miss the ward, I love them, but the Lord always has a plan. I am thrilled to be living it.
I LOVE YOU! Mailing you from another place on the other side of the world!
Thanks for the Valentines package!!!!  It came through ok...just a little torn up!

 Loved the big hug - thanks everyone!

Dear Aunt Jeni,

This is Ryan!  How are you doing?  Grandma Jello is here and she showed me your letters 
on your blog. I loved seeing it - it is soooooo cool!  You are always smiling so big and you are
so happy.  I get to see you in the summer and we are having a huge party!  I am so excited.
You are a really good missionary!!!!!!!! I wonder where I will go on my mission and if I will
learn a different language.  Is Japanese hard? How long did it take you to learn it?  I will 
get to hear you speak Japanese soon.  That will be cool.  
Have a super day. Write back soon.

Love, Ryan


Dear Aunt Jeni,

This is Trevor!  how are you doing on your mission?  I saw pictures of you on your blog.  
They are cool. You are so happy.  Is the food good or weird? I love having Grandma at 
my house.  She will be here for Valentines day.  I love you, too.

Bye! 
Love from Trevor Jon

Dear Aunt Jeni,
Hey! I love seeing all your letters and pics on your blog - especially the foooood! yum!
You are such a great example to me and to all the cousins. Thanks for all your hard 
work in Japan! I can't wait to see you this summer!
Love, Ellie




Ryan, I can't wait to see where you serve!! You are awesome! Missionary work is great! 
Ellie, I can't wait to see you too, thank you I love you! Japanese is hard, but with the Lord 
we can do it! Trevor, the food is good and sometimes weird. :) love you!

Squid soup...yum!





Now this looks American, right?









































I can get a hot bean drink from a vending machine!  Who knew???





Pics from our trip to Shodoshima last week to see our investigator Rachel




























 Niihama - Sister Jen's new area
click here for interactive map
























No comments:

Post a Comment