Sister Jena Anderson

Sister Jena Anderson
Entered the MTC December 28th, 2011 and left for Kobe, Japan March 12th!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

No need to doubt!


My Dear Friends and Family,
 
Sometimes my heart just rejoices and reflects in the depth of the help Heavenly Father gives us. I am so amazed at His mercy. His call is for each of us, no matter where we are, to come to His feet, to come to His mercy, so He CAN help us. I had another paradigm in my study this week as a I realized that commandments are to protect us, that the Lord WANTS us within the realm of His help and protection. We hear "come," "ask," "knock." I promise you my brothers and sisters, that He is here to help.
 
Transfer calls came and, I will finish up here in Niihama! I can't believe it. As the time is winding down, I can't figure out how I'm feeling--at all! We met a new investigator family this week, it was so neat because when we taught them about baptism and related it to Church, the husband was really interested--and they were like, "Where is this Church? We want to go." It was the first time anyone has down that in a first lesson without being invited on my mission. The Lord knows the hearts of those we teach.
 
Other than that, things are clicking more with Hino Shimai! Right now she is praying to Heavenly Father AND Jesus Christ, and then says respectfully, "you two people..." She is so funny. We taught about prayer before and will teach it again tonight. :)
We use activities and teach simply. She understood the Spirit more last time, and it was so fun because she said, "When I feel like I shouldn't read the Book of Mormon, that's Satan, isn't it! And when I do feel like I should, that's the Spirit!" We also did a guide activity in that one, complete with an eyes-shut Owens Shimai, to teach about how feeling the spirit works. On Sunday, we had just finished a meeting and she bustled up to the room we were in, so cute, because she knew we would want to sit and talk with her. She told us that when she met her friend, she prayed to start off their time together so that they would have a good time! Isn't that wonderful? She really has a testimony, it is just trying to put all of the pieces down for her. Her study of the Book of Mormon is really beginning to open her heart, help overcome years of other beliefs. It is so fun.
 
On Sunday, I got to talk in Church, and our neighbor came to the Church for the first time! They are such a cute couple, and moving so soon, we will stay in touch though and refer them. But as I started my talk, an investigator we have been trying to meet (and not able to get an appointment with) walked into the Chapel. Our branch is really small and it was a small day for the small branch, I said, "Welcome!" And then I think I skipped half of my talk! ha ha. (just a little.) Sunday was a day full of miracles.
 
Thanks so much for your notes, you are so great. We ask for your prayers that we can quickly find the prepared people in our area, and that we can help them come unto Christ through the ordinance of baptism.
 
This is the Savior's work. We have no need to doubt, for He is at the head.
 
I LOVE YOU! Remember that no matter where you are, what you are facing, that the Lord's love is enough. Our task on earth is to choose, and choosing Him is enough to cover all the rest. It is the best decision I have ever made, and maintain that allegiance each day. I love you all! The work is true, and people's salvation is waiting.
 
Love you!
Sister Anderson 

I love this mochi! ahhhh.....
 Treats from our surprise investigator at Church! 


1 comment:

  1. You are so inspiring! I hope you continue to find great success and multitudinous tender mercies!
    - Julee from EFY/Education Week :)

    ReplyDelete