Sister Jena Anderson

Sister Jena Anderson
Entered the MTC December 28th, 2011 and left for Kobe, Japan March 12th!

Monday, April 1, 2013

On to something good...


Dear Family,

LOVES!!! I love you all so much. So glad to be your friend and servant in this work. Thanks so much for your letters and love! This week has been sweet! One of our investigators set a goal date for May 12 for her baptismal date! Her name is Melody, and she was raised Roman Catholic and really wants a confirmation of the truth of the Restoration. She will definitely feel your prayers if you pray for her!

I love my companion and I love training! She is so fun. It's been so funny this week, because we feel like satan knows we are on to something because with every lesson we had with an investigator working toward baptism the environment just goes crazy and it seems like all heck breaks loose! The devil knows Niihama is on to something good - but we are getting so much help. :) One of those moments was at the park (it is cherry blossom season here!), when our investigator talked to us for 10 minutes about what she was learning from The Book of Mormon.  during that time no one else talked to us. The minute we close our eyes to pray, this drunk man comes and talks to us because we know English, and insists we meet his family. It was just so funny, because as my eyes are closing, I see him, and i wonder what was going to happen. We met his family and invited them all to Church. This was the third time something funny like this happened during a lesson. I had to laugh inside. It was so neat though, because Hino Shimai pulled out her Book of Mormon and started testifying of Heavenly Father to his family! Heavenly Father definitely put roses on thorns and it was such a great moment as she was testifying and explaining who we were and inviting them to Church before we even could. The work will not be stopped!!

Our other investigators are coming along. It's all so great! I love the work. I have felt more ups and downs than any other time in my life, but it is such a privilege - and to be expected because when preaching the truth there will always be opposition. I love it! I have been drinking deeply from Book of Mormon study this week and LOVING it. I know I forget sometimes what a tool this is. I feel the armor on, protecting us as we prepare through study. Did you know I LOVE IT?! I had the chance to read the end of the Book of Mormon again - I LOVE IT. I know the Book of Mormon is written for our day and is a Book of power, a book of God. I am 100% confident that the 100% confirmation our investigators seek will come. I love the additional witness Moroni adds to Moroni 10:3-5 in Moroni 10:29, 
that I 全く didn't remember... "And God shall show unto you, that that which I have written is true.” That promise is real and affirmed. Those who ask, seek, and knock, WILL come to know it is true. It is not a question. If they truly want to know, and read from this great book, they will know for 100% it is from God.

I love you too, and feel so many blessings I'VE had from God through you! We also had trainer/trainee training this week and sang in Church, some fun things like that. The bus from Niihama to Kobe took 5 hours!! I also got a plethera (I still remember that word) of cute things for Easter to spice up my "finishing the mission" wardrobe from my cute diva Mama. Thanks Mom! I love you so much.

The work is opposed. The work is true. It will not fail. It will go forth. I feel blessed to be a part of it. I want to add my testimony to my new favorite scripture, Moroni 10:32--"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God." I love my Savior and I know that our commission is to love Him, serve Him, and be perfected in Him. Our perfection is even reliant and intertwined with our Redeemer. We are safe in Him.

I love you too, and pray for you!
Love,
Sister Anderson

My bus lunch

A list I found under my desk--it's true!!
Also, I got to see Elder Lythgoe at Trainer/Trainee training, and he is tearing it up! President asked his trainee when their next baptism was. He said Sunday. He asked when his last baptism was. He said last Sunday. Their next one will be in a few Sundays. Awesome right? Awesome missionary cousin! Everyone asks is we are really cousins. I'm glad we are!! 


Love you all! THE WORK IS TRUE!!

Also, this man we called from the area book stopped in the middle of our conversation and said he could tell I was a devoted missionary. Isn't that amazing? I love representing my Savior. He is our strength, song and salvation. (2 Nephi 22:2.) I've had so many great comments from funny grandpas in Japan. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment