Sister Jena Anderson

Sister Jena Anderson
Entered the MTC December 28th, 2011 and left for Kobe, Japan March 12th!

Monday, April 8, 2013

That we might live, and live more abundantly!


Beautiful cherry blossom season in Japan!
My Beloved Family,
 
My heart is so full today. I feel like I have learned lessons this week, or capped a few of lessons this week, that are the most precious in my mission and life. I am just so happy. I love you and testify that His work is one of service, that we are already blessed. We are TOO blessed not to share. Missions are not for US to be blessed, even though that is the ultimate result, because of Heavenly Father's infinite love. My heart brims with joy. It is true - as we forget ourselves, and go to work, He will bless us. It wasn't specific experiences as much as just finally realizing how Heavenly Father has been tutoring and helping me, and finally I see! I am so happy.
 
So! I know my Father lives, and loves me too. I love you, too! I don't know how I got so blessed to be in such a wonderful family. In one oses, I mentioned it last week I think, it talks about how we are perfect in Christ. Isn't that incredible? We are telling others, and even living lives, as a witness of His grace. I am so excited for Conference too! I gasped when I heard about Cedar City!! I know that the temple there will be well-used. I love Cedar City!
 
Our beloved investigators, are so great. Sayuri Chan (17 year old) bore her testimony in Church this week about the Savior, as did two recent converts. It was so wonderful to see them. Hino Shimai prayed in a lesson this week, even though she is still learning it. It was her birthday, and we gave her... the New Testament Picture Book!! She studies SO WELL. It's wonderful. So many good things to report. We had a fun Zone meeting in Matsuyama, where we practiced contacting. I had the chance to contact some fun people on the way there, and I am so impressed that this work is a work of love. I love it. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father giving us this chance. It is so rewarding to talk to people every day, about who they are and what they like, and testify that God loves them, how at Church they can feel His love, etc. I am so excited for all of the incredible new missionaries! Even in our mission, every area is expected to become a four-some. Isn't that awesome? The work rolls forward!
 
I love baptism. Sometimes in the past we would get nervous talking about it, but this is the way that our brothers and sisters can return and live with God, and get blessings NOW, in this life. People are searching for those blessings, and we have them. Precious!!! Life is so precious.
 
Here are a few of our investigators... I would love your FAITH and help in praying for our sweet people here! One of our investigators, Jedley San, started working and we haven't been able to meet with her. We want to teach her! Melody San and her baptismal date. Watari San, who has not had the word of wisdom lesson yet, and enjoys drinking. Hino Shimai to gain a testimony! Sayuri Chan's family! Thank you all so much!
 
We are so blessed. The work WILL go forward. It is so amazing to see Heavenly Father hastening the time. It is the BEST! I just want to help His children! We work on His power. I know I am a sinner, imperfect and that perfection is not expected now, but we can be perfect in Christ, now. He is my Savior and best friend. The Master and Creator is so close to our souls. His Atonement is enough. I love my Savior! And feel so blessed to be in our family and a sister in this work.
 
"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"
Love, Sister Anderson 
 
A few students from our volunteer English group 

It is cherry blossom season... mankai!

This is lotus! They eat it in Japan. Is that a flower? I don't really know... ha ha.

 note from Sister Jen's mom:

Lotus root is a versatile vegetable which can be thinly sliced or shredded then fried for a crispy garnish, sliced and braised until sweet and tender in soups, stir fried, or sliced, blanched and chilled for an attractive salad addition. It takes well to traditional Asian flavors such as soy, sesame, and ginger. 

A few pics of Lotus root from the web:


 Also, Sister Jen's cousin, Sister Lindsay Castleton, and her family were featured in an amazing, fun, informative, TV special which aired between conference sessions April 7th.  Sister Lindsay is serving in the Chile Vina del Mar mission.


It can be viewed by clicking this link:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=24703772




 

No comments:

Post a Comment