Sister Jena Anderson

Sister Jena Anderson
Entered the MTC December 28th, 2011 and left for Kobe, Japan March 12th!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

8 months, but who's counting???




To My Sweet Eternal Family,

Life is so glorious and such a gift. It truly is incredible being a missionary.
Things have been really crazy, but I know how close the Lord is. I cannot
believe the love He has for each of us!!!

We had Zone Taikai this week in Kobe, and President gave us the new
training plan. It was such a day of light and love for me, you know
how I love to meet with other people! :)
We were the only sisters and he pulled me up to recite the Young Women
theme, to emphasize that principle: We are daughters of our Heavenly
Father, who loves us and we love Him...There are so many times I think
I know that, and then it comes in just a little deeper. His plan is perfect,
His plan is amazing. There are so many times I have been carried here in
Japan. There are times so sacred to me, so many times I know that I have
not been alone. This is His work, my beloved family and friends. His work is
for every, individual one of us to return to His presence. This is
not just about numbers, this is not about just a mass of people, just
as the Savior's Atonement wasn't. Numbers matter because every one of
those beautiful, sacred people are children of God. What do we fear, if we
truly know that this is true?
Add to that the Atonement, that makes up for our past mistakes... The
Savior has provided a way for each of us to be forgiven, for things to be
all right, a way for us to continue, to experience the joy of a new white page.
Suddenly the future is bright! Then take the knowledge of the Plan of
Salvation, and suddenly we know where we came from, who we are, and
where we are going. Add again the Atonement, add it again and again and
suddenly we are growing and progressing and one by one we gain Christ-like
attributes. Send a prophet with the authority and keys for us to fulfill the Plan
of Salvation, to return to our loving Heavenly Father with our families. What is
more incredible than this? Add sacred promises we can make with Heavenly
Father to receive blessings, and commandments He gives us so we can be safe
and progress in life, a living book to receive revelation on our journey and to
know the truth of the restoration - what is more important than this message?
It pains my heart how much I love it. My frame is small sometimes for the
emotions that fill it. I am amazed at the gifts of the Spirit!!!

I love my comp, and she is such a great missionary. I'm attaching a pic of her
preparing for Eikaiwa this week.
I love you, sweet, sweet family. Thank you so much for your prayers,
they help so much! I love you and I am grateful for your examples.

Cool miracle: one of our investigators Yoshiko Shimai called this week
after we asked her to start reading the Book of Mormon, and asked,
"What is a vision?" She is so great and so willing to study and learn,
and does what she says she will. She truly is great. I am so grateful
that we have the chance to share this message. We want to find even
more people to share this message with, in the Lord's time. What a
privilege it is.

Jesus Christ lives. I love him so much. He suffered in Gethsemane for you
and me...something so personal and real that He knows our every heartbeat. I
love you sweet family and friends. I know that we access His goodness
completely through His restored Church, and I rejoice in the opportunity to tell
others that the truth is on the earth once more. This is His living Church.
President Monson is His prophet on the earth today. This is the best, most
incredible message in the world. I love it and I love you!!

Love Always,
Andason Shimai
(I have been on a mission 8 months!! Doesn't it seem like just yesterday??)

**Jen's mom added this pic from the MTC just for fun!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment